FAQ After Buying a New Car
Buying a new RAM truck or used vehicle from Bud Clary Auburn Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM is easy and can be mostly online with Bud Clary Direct. However, most people don’t know what to expect after they buy a vehicle. This list of frequently asked questions has been compiled based on the questions that customers ask us the most when it comes to what happens after they buy a vehicle.
1. When do I receive my license plates?
- Licensing typically takes about 2 weeks to process. When we receive your license plates, we will notify you that they have arrived.
- If you have specialized vanity plates, you will receive those in the mail directly from the State. Your license tabs will also come in the mail separately.
2. How do I pay off my trade-in vehicle OR Who pays off my trade-in vehicle?
- We will pay off the lien of your vehicle if you trade it in after the bank has funded the new loan contract.
- At your time of purchase, we receive a 10-day payoff from the bank, to ensure processing happens in a timely manner.
- If, for some reason, you have to make an additional payment due to timing, the lien holder will reimburse you directly.
3. How do I set up my monthly car payment?
- The new lienholder will reach out to you about your upcoming first payment.
- They can set up automatic payments for you. This would need to be re-setup even if you had it on your last loan.
- Expect communication from the lienholder in 2-3 weeks from the time of purchase, but feel free to reach out to them in advance to set up payment options.
4. How and when do I set up my new insurance policy?
- If you have current coverage, you are covered at the time of purchase, typically for a minimum of 7 days.
- Your insurance company will ask you for:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your new vehicle
- Year, Make, and Model
- Name of Lienholder (if applicable)
- We recommend reaching out to your insurance company and notifying them of your new vehicle within a couple of days of your purchase.
5. When does Bud Clary install after-sale items? Ex: Window Tint, Paint & Interior Protection, Parts Accessories
- We will reach out to you to schedule a convenient time to install any items that were not complete at the time of purchase.
- Typically, we would like to install any after-sale items within 10 days of purchase OR when all accessories are received.